Friday, April 24, 2015

Art Deco Dresser with Beaded Pulls - Painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint






This dresser was a sad version of itself when I first spotted it, but its good and sturdy structure won me over. The veneer was intact, drawers were sliding well and it was just its exterior that needed some sprucing up. I resorted to Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Granite as a base and topped it with French Linen. The base colour peeks through in spots and adds depth and dimensions. Since the lines of this dresser are simple it allowed me to add some decorative elements so I painted the border on each one of the drawers in Scandinavian Pink. The pulls are all one of a kind made of loose wooden beads. They add charm and playfulness to the piece that any regular pull could not. This dresser would make a perfect addition in a child's bedroom or a fun family room, but really, why limit it to a particular space. It is now listed in my Etsy store and available for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment