Friday, February 20, 2015

Before and After - two chairs and a cabinet door

obviously" before"
While on my recent visit to my sister in Melbourne I went snooping in her shed (sheds always hide the best treasures in my opinion) and found these three sorry objects. The two chairs have obviously seen better days and the old cabinet door was just there, sitting in the corner waiting to be tossed out with the garbage. With some time on my hands I decided to attempt to give these pieces a new chance.
In their local hardware store i bought the spray paint, at the craft store I found the mod podge and the fabric came from my sister's sewing cabinet. A bit of sanding, gluing and spray painting resulted in this……


After




























One of the back rests was in a really bad shape and had to be completely replaced, so I opted out for two wooden slats. The End!


No comments:

Post a Comment