Sunday, November 2, 2014

Before and After





I am currently in the process of updating the furnishing in our house. This past week on the agenda were two bedrooms on the second floor of our house that belong to my husband's children. We live in an old home that, not unlike other similar ones, has a massive lack of closet space issue. To compound the problem, both rooms have slanted roof feature on two opposite walls which limits the options when it comes to furniture. I saw this cabinet a while ago, but purchased it only last week. It is a sturdy piece but with it's own quirks not really and ideal candidate for resale and that is the main reason I never considered it before. When I saw it again last week it occurred to me that it would make a great addition in my own home. I removed original hardware and updated it with cast-off pulls that I had from some older pieces to add a bit more character.
Next up on the to do list is my own bedroom - I have a gorgeous dresser sitting in my basement already and am crossing my fingers that the dimensions fit, but that will be the subject of another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment