Sunday, July 20, 2014

New Dresser and Little Houses



I did some driving around this Saturday, got a nice pair of jeans, a blouse and a super cute jacket with kimono sleeves and also this sad looking little dresser. Previous owners were selling it for a song so I had to take it home knowing that it will turn into a perfect subject of some experimentation.
I could just choose to paint it in a single colour and call it a day, but feel that this would be an easy way out. Instead I plan on doing something that I haven't done before, and do partial doodle-style house drawing on either the bottom drawer or maybe partially on the other two or maybe just the top, I haven't  completely decided yet.
As drawing is not something I am good at at all I created a little banner using craft paper as the base, plain white to determine the shape and size of the houses and a black sharpy to create roofs, windows and doors. I will start with the work on it tomorrow and will hopefully remember to take in progress pictures to share with the world. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment