Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In the Works - Pink Dresser



I love the colours popping in this picture. My lovely garden in the late afternoon sun offers a great backdrop to this piece and its softness is contrasted with a bright and edgy drop cloth that it sits on.
I have spotted this little gem almost a week ago but its overall condition, that included peeling veneer, did not justify the price. Initially I decided to pass on it but when the price came down I decided to scoop it up. Even though the veneer was generally loose there were still some stubborn spots that required a bit more effort. I am always so eager to drip brushes in the paint that I regularly forget to take the before picture to show you the sorry state a lot of the pieces come in.
A few coats of soft pink and Pinterest inspired pulls will transform this piece and and give it attention it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment