Thursday, May 30, 2013

Galaxy: A Series of Enamelled Bowls

On Friday, June 7th, Freedom CC will be hosting an exhibition of enameled bowls by Yvonne Villeneuve of Torched Studio. Here are a few words that Yvonne wanted to share about her work..
***

Of all the things I make I must admit my enamel bowls are my favourite. So I’m very, very excited to be making a special collection of art bowls for my very first solo exhibition. It will be held at Freedom Clothing Collective from June 7th to July 3rd.

My work has always had a certain elemental quality in the swirl of multiple layers of enamel and in these pieces I’ve taken it to the extreme in a “big bang” of colour. I love the random beauty of nature and these bowls are my romanticized view of the far flung objects in the night sky. Each piece represents a celestial body but on a much smaller and more imaginative scale.

The opening reception is Friday June 7th at Freedom Clothing Collective, 939 Bloor Street West, Toronto from 6pm to 8pm.
Here’s a sneak peek of just a few of the pieces that will be in the exhibition.
-Yvonne of Torched Studio




No comments:

Post a Comment