Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Re-Styled - a colab with Koocoo Carrillo




The adventures of two creatives with different backgrounds, different techniques and totally different styles coming together to re-purpose old unloved goods and make them fabulous and cherished once again.

My Freedom CC buddy and the designer behind KooCoo Carrillo clothing line (Karen) and I are teaming up to share ideas, inspirations and ‘lessons learned’ in this new collaboration series called Re-Styled. What will happen when my colour theory and “let me get my hands dirty” approach mingle with Koocoo’s “I can fix it” mentality and organic drawing style?

First on the chopping block: Half Moon Hall Table. Part 1
We decided to start off with a small project to get our bearings and give us some ‘starting off’ ease. Here are the lovely BEFORE and IN PROCESS pictures of our latest acquisition.
Problems that need fixing: wobbly legs, huge crack on the table top, and very dirty stain.
The post on the finished product will follow in a day or two, Karen is still working on her magic - we can't wait to reveal the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment